1. Complete the following dialogue.
John: Hello, Jim. _________________ last Saturday?
Jim: I watched a football match on TV.
Jim: Yes, I liked it a lot.
Jim: No, I didn’t go out in the evening.
Jim: I studied Maths. I have an exam next week.
John: And what did you do during the Christmas holidays?
Jim: I went to Seville.
Jim: I stayed there for five days.
Jim: I stayed at my aunt’s. My family asked me to look after my little cousin. They also paid me.
Jim: They paid me two hundred Euros.
John: That’s a lot of money. You are very lucky.
2. Tenses. Complete the following sentences with the PAST SIMPLE or the PRESENT SIMPLE.
1. Mary _______________can/ read) when she _______________ (be) three.
2. They _______________ (not/go) on holiday last year.
3. Who _______________ (you/see) yesterday?
4. _______________ (his parents/live) in Santander?
5. “What __________ you __________ (do) yesterday afternoon?” “I __________ (do) my homework.”
6. “What __________ you __________ (read) when you are on holiday?” “I __________ (read) detective stories. But last Christmas I __________ (read) John Lennon’s biography.
7. John __________ (to be) born on 28 February, 1985. Yesterday __________ (to be) his birthday. He __________ (to celebrate) it in a pub. He __________ (to go) there by car. He __________ (to invite) many friends. He __________ (to get) home very late.
Write questions for these answers:
1. Yes, he likes cats.
2. No, Catherine doesn´t speak a foreign language.
3. I live in Cambridge.
4. They played football in the park.
5. He reads The Times.
6. She watches a soap opera in the afternoons
7. No, he doesn´t. He smokes cigars.
8. No, she didn’t. She studied at Cambridge.
9. They speak English.
10. He likes classical music
11. The train from Madrid arrived at 7 o´clock yesterday.
What did you do on your last holiday?